This article gets you straight to the basics of using projects.
You need to have already created a SpinUp account. If you haven’t created one yet, you can register for an account via our sign-up page.
Create a Project
- Click Add Project on the left-hand side bar.
- Fill in the name field with the project name (you can change this later).
- Fill in the description field for a more detailed explanation on what is contained within this container (you can change this later).
- Click Add to create the new project.
Add resources to a Project
- Verify which project is currently active by looking under Project on the sidebar or the project shown in the upper right hand corner of the portal.
- Before creating resources, feel free to switch to the project in which you want to build by clicking the Project dropdown on the sidebar and clicking the project you want to make the active project.
- You’re ready to add resources! Check out some of the following articles on creating servers, block storage, and load balancers.
Delete a Project
All resources must be deleted within the project before you can delete the project.
- Navigate to the dashboard by clicking on it at the top left of the sidebar.
- In the project section near the top left, click the gear icon next to the project and click delete.
- In the popup window, click yes to delete your project.
- At the bottom of the page, a popup message shows either successfully deleted or project can not be deleted.